July 10, 2009

A Brief History of My Universe

Hello friends. Welcome to my blog - may the vast wealth of knowledge and experience I posses become an oasis in the desert of your life.

As most of you know, my life (well, OUR life when you include the huz) is crazy, to say the least. But it's always been that way. I think it's part of "growing up Kopanski". We should change our family motto to "Trial By Fire, 7 days a week". That is, if we even have a family motto. If not, I would like to make a motion to establish one.

A quick bit of background information:
Curt and I were married in November 2007, and had our first baby (Lyla Elizabeth) in February 2009. Lyla was born with a Congenital Heart Defect (CHD) known as Tetralogy of Fallot (TOF) and will be having surgery to repair her heart in August 2009. (see the "What is Tetralogy of Fallot" section for more information) We didn't know about her heart condition before she was born, and, thinking back on things now, I'm glad we didn't. We were able to enjoy planning for the arrival of our new baby without worrying about things we couldn't control. As is customary in our house, we were thrown a wicked curve ball when we least expected it, and have handled things with flying colors, if I do say so myself. And I do say so - often.

We have 2 dogs, affectionately referred to as The Devil and Her Accomplice (also known as Poppy and Harley). Which one is "The Devil" and which is "Her Accomplice" changes daily. In my opinion, pets are trouble. Unless you have Computer Fish. Then you're good. But dogs POOP, and CHEW, and KILL SQUIRRELS. No one told me this. Who knew a tiny puppy could ruin an entire house full of furniture in just days? Those teeth may be tiny, but they are SHARP. And all those promises of "she'll grow out of it after the first 2 years" are lies told to trick people into buying puppies. Trust me when I say they do NOT grow out of it - their teeth just get bigger and stronger, and the furniture they ruin is just more expensive.

Well, I think that is all the introduction I have time for today. I look forward to being a part of your daily regimen of useless websites that you visit while at work in an effort to look busy.