August 24, 2009

My Cup Runneth Over (onto my new shoes)

I have decided to take on sewing. Why, you ask? Well, my friend who lives in my desktop, let me tell you. I have mastered the art of cooking (those who have eaten at Chez Formerly Known As can attest to this fact), I have graciously accepted the "Mom of the Year" award 3 years in a row (quite a feat, as my only child is 6 months old), am an excellent housekeeper, my penmanship is superb, and my dogs are perfectly trained. It's true, I tell you! All true! So, as I have conquered every other aspect of proper wiffey-ness, I've decided that sewing will be my next challenge. Because, as we all know, I have an infinite well of patience from which to draw, and, as with all my other endeavors, things will turn out swimmingly. Just you wait, you naysayer, you! I will have you pounding down my inbox door, begging me to sell you one of my crafty creations in no time flat!

I am feeling quite adventurous these days. While at Costco the other day, contemplating between a 14 gallon jug of shampoo and a 56 pound bag of peanuts, I proudly announced to the Huz that I want to go skydiving for my 30th birthday. He laughed and told me no one we knew would be willing to go with me. "Ha!" I said. "I don't need a mere mortal to accompany me on my quest for all things exciting! I will soar with the eagles, be one with the clouds, and ponder the wonders of life on my own as a fling my body towards Earth, trusting in the parachute strapped to my back, hastily packed by a minimum-wage earner on a Friday afternoon at 4:59pm...uh, hang on a second here." As you can imagine, my arguement as to why this was a good idea quickly lost steam after that. What if my chute didn't open? What if I forgot which cord to pull? What if I CHICKENED OUT? No way. I'll celebrate my 30th birthday (which is 8 months away, I'll have you know) tucked safely behind my (as yet to be purchased) sewing machine, making crafty things to sell to the masses on Etsy. Maybe I'll bake a cake, too. I am a good cook, after all.