February 24, 2010

corned beef hash

Holy shit. I'm a lard-ass. I mean really, how freaking hard can it be to keep my pie hole shut?!?! Ok, well, if I listen to that chum that was on Rachel Ray the other day, my brain is MAKING me overeat whenever I feel like it, but I doubt it. For example, I went downstairs to get breakfast in the cafeteria a little while ago. I had it all planned out in my noggin - yogurt or cottage cheese, some fruit, and a bottle of water. Or maybe some cream of wheat cereal with cinnamon, raisins, and a bit of brown sugar. Sounds good, right? Yeah, well my legs thought differently. I walked right past all those options and ordered a breakfast burrito with spinach, tomato, mushroom, hashbrowns, sausage, and egg, with a SCOOP of corned beef hash on the side. Yup. I ignored "healthy breakfast", blew right past "reasonable breakfast" and landed, ankle deep, in "seriously? Why not just inject that shit into your veins and skip the chewing?" And here's the really stupid part - as I'm typing this with my left hand, I'm shoveling the guts of my burrito into my face, because the salsa made the tortilla soggy, and I have a pure, unadulterated hate for soggy bread products. A girl has to draw the line somewhere, right? Yeah, well that's where my line is.

Ok, so enough bitching about food. Things are continuting to go quite shit-ily at Casa de Me. The Huz's company is probably going to close. And, because we're so amazing with money and all, we're going to try and buy it! Yep, hows THAT for logical? But, honestly, he's wanted this his whole life, and its not like we have much more to loose at this point, anyways. So, why not? I'll have to teach myself to be more supportive (stop laughing - miracles happen), and we'll have to somehow convince the SBA to give us a loan, but if anyone can pull it off, the Huz can. Speaking of the Huz, he truly is a glorious man. I was dead tired last night, and wanted to go to bed at 10. He wanted to stay up and watch tv for "a little while". He ended up staying up until 1 am ironing shirts and doing the dishes. Gem! He's a gem! Unfortunatley, this is not uncommon at our house. He does most of the picking up and "wifey" stuff, and I do most of the mess-making and baby-wrangling. I'm working on my self, and made a "lent" promise to give up laziness. So far its not working...I guess I'll have to actually WORK at it. boooo.