January 28, 2010

Ugh. Being on a diet sucks. I'm just...well, I'm really.....ugh. I'm hungry. I'm hungry, and I'm looking up recipes on-line of things I can't make, because then I will eat them. Of course, even the thought of this makes me even hungrier. Hungrier? Did I spell that right? Oh well....I'm too hungry to care! I checked out what the cafeteria has to offer today....um....not much. Something called chicken noodle stew, some frighteningly adventurous Cantonese food (in a cafeteria? in LA???) and the normal, pizza-shaped, room temperature salt licks. So, again, I say to you BEING ON A DIET SUCKS! Although, I think I'm supposed to think of this as a "change in lifestyle" and not a diet. Whatever. I'm hungry.

I have my super exciting "getting to know your sewing machine" class tonight - and my sewing machine is still in the box. Granted, these last few days have been just a touch overwhelming, but I have no excuse for the 16 or so days before that, when I didn't have a care in the world, and had plenty of time to put this thing together. The Huz's suggestion was "well, when you get home tonight, put it together real quick before your class." Great. Thanks for that. I'd have never thought of that gem on my own! Here's the problem with that scenario. The class location is 15 mins away (at least). I get home at 5:30 after battling traffic for over an hour. I have to find something to eat before said class, because it lasts until dawn and we all know I'll be hungry before dawn. I'm supposed to put this machine together, which undoubtedly has 10,007 parts, in the 3 minutes I have remaining? Sure. It would have been great if the Fix-It Fairy had done it for me. But, the FIF was busy doing the dishes, getting a giant shot in his spine, and sleeping off the drugs from the aforementioned procedure yesterday. Soooo....this leaves me with a class I'm already too tired (and hungry!) to attend, a sewing machine I have no idea how to use, and a house to sell. Woe is me! Woooeeeeee!

On the upside, Lyla is morphing into a piranha. She's sprouted 2 teeth in the past 2 weeks, and we just saw another one beginning it's subterranean journey to the surface. Poor kid. She's taking it like a champ, screaming constantly and biting anyone and anything she can get her mitts on. The Huz and I are covered in drool, boogers, and tears (not sure if they are our own, or Lyla's.) And yet I'm still hungry. Hows that for a stomach of iron??